how to support / get involved
there are so many ways to get involved with southpaw/the future economy collective!
some of the current volunteer roles we have include;
- working at the cafe
- prepping food with the kitchen crew
- packing boxes for our mutual aid hub
- driving boxes throughout the nrv
- collecting food and clothing donations
- renovating and decorating the space
- forming connections with community members and groups
- designing and creating merchandise
- supporting our winter clothes program
- finding and writing grants
- organizing and documenting the library
- intake new volunteers
all volunteers roles can be as little or as big of time commitments as you'd like them to be!
some of the items we are consistently accepting donations of are;
- plants and plant cuttings (for our plant shop)
- art (for our fundraising section)
- books (for our community library)
- frequently needed items for our mutual aid project! (canned veggies, canned soups, canned beans, canned meats, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, shampoo/conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
we are not currently accepting clothing donations!
please dont drop off donations of items not listed here! <3 if you have items that you think may be useful to us, feel free to contact us and ask first!
if you want to drop off a donation, bring it by during our open hours -- if you can't bring it by during our open hours, drop it off at our double doors and text us at 540-200-8028 to let us know (especially if its perishable!)
if you want to become a volunteer, add your email at the bottom of the page and we will be in contact with you! ◕‿◕